[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - 2: RACOON CITY PD, . ZOMBIE-AID... TO THE CRUSHER!
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 2: RACOON CITY PD, . ZOMBIE-AID... TO THE CRUSHER!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:
I've once again been offered a very good job driving for the NHS, If theres a callout at the depot I'll be using an 08 TOYOTA AVENSIS but when I'm on 24hr callout have to use a large diesel vehicle thats passed a seperate NHS safety check i.e not a rat car.
My 2nd interview is on thursday as I've passed the 2 driving courses but If I don't have a vehicle by tuesday then I do not get the job! :(

Its a FORD MONDEO LX 1.8TD MOT NOV TAX DEC

Idles at about 400rpm so cuts out under heavy breaking but I'm pretty I can adjust the control valve, (may need advice)
Theres a knocking coming from front suspension, not a shocker pretty sure just needs a droplink replacing or something.
Speedo doesn't work hopefully split wire1 (may need advice next week.)
theres no stereo and a gaping big hole where the old mondeo facia used to be what do i need to buy to fit a new stereo????
then needs 2 front tyres.

Apart from all that and the painfully slow accelleration its sweet as a nut.

Me, Amy and Lbrench were all saying when I was tryin to get a B3 Passat that I'd paint the n/s/f wing burgundy whatever the cars colour cos it'd look cool. turned up at this dudes house and n/s/s wing is burgundy, took it as a sign :lol so checked it, drove it, checked it again and got it for £260

If I'm not successful with the position at the NHS do i put everything thats cheap right, paint that wing red, mint it up and flog it.....or.......

Dazchandler style black body, white roof and front doors but as GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT????

Either way i'm gonna keep the dis-ASTRA since it was for sale got loads of attention then caught fire, I fixed it and now its ok I've fallen in love with it again...................

...............But I can't afford 2 cars so I guess it must go for a fresh project (with a working heater for winter)...........

.............No wait i'm keeping it!

...............erm Pm me if your interested! :wahhh :wahhh :lol :lol

BTW before you take the piss outta me for havin a standard FORD MONDEO DIESEL :fawkyeah :fawkyeah :fawkyeah :aviator[*]

Projects:
VAUXHALL dis-ASTRA viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71
MONDEO American squad car viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1164
VW Polo mk II loon viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1651

Last edited by Jonboy on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Jonboys new car.......... :-(
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Sounds good! Hope you get the job!

Whenever I've had knocking on fords you can gaurantee that it's been either the droplinks or wishbones!
Speedo may be a broke gearbox pinion or loose connection if it's manual/electric

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 pm 
RL Hardcore Poster
RL Hardcore Poster

Vehicle:
Nice mondy.

The Idle control valv on fords are not adjustable. iirc anyhow.

If the speedo doens't work that could just be a lose or snapped speedo cable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:

Projects:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
£10 says it's a wishbone, and the drivers side is a pig to do. Had it on many a mondeo! For the idle speed just wind up the throttle stop. Job done.

Proton Track Rat - Given Away......
Polo Coupe - Sold
Mr2 - Give me a chance, I've only just bought it....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:36 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Clean the ICV with a bit of petrol or electrical cleaner. That's what I had to do with my last gti-6 as the idle was a bit off sometimes. Cured it forever. I tend to clean the ICV and MAP sensors whenever I service my cars now, along with anything else I find.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:41 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:
Thanks Daz and Ry will try both! :tu

It's awsome the support, ideas and laughs you get on this site, surly other forums don't get that?

keep the ides comin guys if you have any wether its technical or just a sweet idea If i don't get the job let me know :tu

Jon

Projects:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:

Projects:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
It stops the throttle position on the return. By winding it up it will increase the revs. If the throttle can't go back all the way it will keep the idle higher. I will show you at the meet on my car. It's not the right way of doing it but it works.

Polo Coupe - Sold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Down the front left of the engine (stood in front with the bonnet open btw) is the diesel pump, on the back(opposite to the belt) should be the pipe unions and a thread with a locknut. It might have a tamperproof thing round it but these are usually a bit loose and easily removed with pliers, brute force and/or ignorance. It'll be the main fuelling screw, inwards/clockwise is richer, this will bring the tickover up as well as making it go a bit better. Just turn it back down at MOT time to ace the emissions :tu
Also, do oil and filter as soon as poss, it'll make it start nicely, run cleaner and prolong the life of the turbo too ;)
Next step for more power is to put a bleed valve in the pipe to the wastegate actuator.
As has been said, knocking noise from the front = bottom arms, drop links or track rod ends.
Nice buy for the money though, 3million reps and minicab drivers can't be wrong! These are definite growers and I quite like the smiley front.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:43 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Good luck with the job mate. :tu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 pm 
Rat-Look Photographer
Rat-Look Photographer

Vehicle:
Tidy looking cheap motor there Jon :tu

I think if you wanted a new CD playa in the Mondy, you'll need a fascia kit from Halfrauds. Check the CD you get as it may come with the wires and stuff you need. If not, get them too :tu

The new stereo should also come with a cradle. Btw, I have a Ford Tape player if that is any good?? Came out of my Focus and is a big bugger, so I imagine it should fit. You can have it @ the meet free of charge :tu

Annnnnd

Good luck with the new job dude :tu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
If you are fitting aftermarket then you will need an autoleads connector or similar as Random said. I have a spare one you can have at the meet for nowt. If you are fitting ford again check ebay out. Got one for a mate for £12 quid. Top spec one from a ST200. Bargain. P.S I can decode all ford radios free of charge for you!

Polo Coupe - Sold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Good luck with the job :tu

Nice Mondeo too :tu

:insanity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:
Thanks for all your help and advice guys, I'll try the throttle adjusting and tweaking the fuel a little tommorrow cheers BiAS and Daz,

I've just bought a mk2 mondeo radio facia off fleabay for £2.50 think thats just the panel that fills up the hole with the new player in it. So now just need to look for a cradle? Its no rush for the stereo anyway. The wiring loom is all there but yeah I guess I'll need to buy one of those big block connectors and work out what goes where. :wahhh

Pretty happy with it really though.

thanks again people. :tu

Jon

Projects:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:16 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
Fit air filter cone with air feed from the front bumper.
Turn the boost up on the turbo via a bleed valve (with gauge in the cabin to check)
Turn the offboost fueling up
Turn the max fueling screw up (inside of pump)
Up the idle to just over 1k
Welcome to decent power! And it will bloody shift from a stand still instead of being sluggish ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:40 am 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:

Projects:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:
I've looked at it today and the adjustment of the throttle stop will do the trick and its the easiest thing in the world...........can't do it now though cos the bloody thing wont start from cold, just needs some glow plugs though. So when I have a mate to help me push the heavy bastard off my drive and bump it, I'll adjust it later. cheers again for the advice guys.

Projects:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:16 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Looks like a good buy for the money :tu

THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'.....They laughing,pointing,staring,generally very confused.

2 Trophies,1 magazine cover................IN YOUR FACE Mr. Chequebook modder!!

GoT a sPARe HOUR or Two? PrOJEcT THReAD.......http://rat-look.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
Import yourself a ford contour svt body kit. I can't help but like the svt's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:12 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
Mondeo TD`s are good workhorses,my old N reg 180k TD Estate took abuse off me for 2 years!

Ratty cop car sounds cool.

88 Bluebird 1.6 LS
04 Partner 2.0 HDi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:17 pm 
Duke of Rust
Duke of Rust

Vehicle:
Anu ideas guys? I've adjusted the throttle stop but the idle control valve compensates and runs again at 400rpm. I've been told the only other way (without adjusting the fuel pump) is to get it re programmed through the ECU does this sound right to anyone?

Projects:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm