[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - Old Rusty '86
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Classic dub-look '86 Caddy - alloy opinions please!?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

i'd high polish the wheels, maybe engrave them...

that caddy is one of my fav cars on here,

nice work,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:38 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Looks wicked bud there one in stratford upon avon where i live and its that low im supirsed it goes along
i think pretty much any think you do to a caddy is cool as long as the stance is right
bang on fella keep up the good work

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:35 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

looks quality. i really like it.

i personally think cream as it lightens it all up a bit. its a bit too dark otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
cream dude! :tu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

got abit bored over the weekend as progress is slow on the caddy.
discovered the points had burnt out in the dissy but luckily a neighbour had a new one that looks and fitted the same, need to get a condenser as you should do both at the same time.
Discovered before doing this tho, that I was only getting about 20mpg, so hopefully now the idles not as ruff and turned down it hopefully will be a little better until I can get it into a vw garage to set the carb up perfect.

Had a play on Gimp tho...

Decided Im going to do the wheels myself. Will take longer, won't be perfect but should be good enough.

Unless you've put your own blood, sweet and tears on it, you wont truly enjoy and own your car(s)

Post subject: Re: Classic dublook '86 Caddy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

just a little update as things have slowed.
The adding of colour back to the bodywork has started.

This lettering is actually finished now and partly lacquered. A little bit of merging to do with some salt waters thrown at it then done.

Only doing a small body part at the moment so see how it comes out.

Now, 3 black, 2 copper and 4 custom dirty-white layers. Looks really rough/cr@p at the moment, but will leave until wednesday now before making it look nicer by sanding down to reveal the layers.

Unless you've put your own blood, sweet and tears on it, you wont truly enjoy and own your car(s)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Bit more done. Just got to go over with some finer paper and then lacquer

And the next bit started (looks more white than it is)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
Bloody love it mate :tu

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Shaggy1981
@NatHolloway on Instagram

Post subject: Re: Rat Rod style '86 Caddy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:38 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

I stopped in a high street today to pop in a shop.
When I got back a guy who was standing out side a pub had come over and was asking my sister something. When I got over he asked me what the hybrids were. I didnt understand (not helped by his drunken slag) but eventually I realised he thought the caddy was a cutnshut of two different vehicles!
Told him straight, was a vw mk1 caddy.
Apparently he'd never seen one before.
Quality, the first one he sees and its old rusty!

Last edited by Lil Monster on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
lol Quality

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Well finally decided and got round to fitting the oil catcher. Its got 8mm inlets wasn't sure if it would work and couldn't decided how best to convert my 13mm breather pipe down to 8mm.
Electrical tape and some old hose pipe ended up being the temporary answer; so after a long 3 hours later of fitting, fiddling, refitting etc I eventually ended with this:

Its becoming more and more like a rat rod style engine - gti gearbox, custom fan, ford capri carburettor and on top air filter, hose pipe and now a racing after market Lotus oil catcher.

Until next time.... :tu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Just bought these babies!

Fronts are 8inches with 185/55/14 tyres
Rears are 9.5 inches with 195/50/14 (Toyo) tyres. :chill

I hope they fit tho as my current wheels are 7Jx15s on 195 tyres.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
They look so good. :tu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

another view.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:05 am 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
Jelous much :o
I'm loving how this is going, cant wait to see those wheels on :)

AGGIE: the MK1: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7760
The pussrat: http: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9165
Harold: the MK2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10467

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:39 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
Looking good those rims. Are you gonna do something with it, painting or something ?
I've made an photoshop yesterday, was a bit bored. Gonna looking very nice under your car.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

That's done already. Just needs lacquering but will be doing the whole car

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:46 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

here you go a painted picture:

And will update tomorrow night with some new shoes info.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
is the brown just rust with a clear coat on it or is it just brown paint??? i can't tell :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:35 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Yes it is rust with linseed oil as lacquer.

So anyone want to see the new 9.5 shoes??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Erm YES!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:07 pm