[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - kom4´s Garage. Junkyard Racing. (Jag&Ford)
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Post subject: kom4´s Garage. Junkyard Racing. (Jag&Ford)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:51 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
May I present my project no. 1. BMW-killer. Many laughs got messing up with M3/M5 BMW, Quattro Audi etc. And ofc those raggars with Chevys/Dodges

Did buy this one 2009 and plans was 2l OHC with turbo. But no. Wanted bigger and still bigger engine. 2.0i OHC replaced with 2.9i 24v V6 Cosworth. Inspectors demand Cosworth's brakes and some other "little things". In that case I can say this is "Cosworth".

Future plans will be little open. Turbo, rollcage etc. Drift or endurance will be my thing with this piece of s***t. And still roadlegal :lol.

Some pictures from past and present.

2009-2011

2011-2013

Some data from car:
-86 2.0iS, engine replaced with 2.9i 24V V6 Cosworth
-Manual gearbox
-Megasquirt
-DIY Exhaust system
-2wd Sierra Cosworth front/rear brakes
-in case of total destruction welded diff
-front bumper from XR4, rear orig. iS

Horse powers around 200-250. Weight under 1000kg ?

For next season coming better gearbox(M3/M5 BMW), diff and hydraulic handbrake. Mayne some lowering and wheel change.

And some video footage.
Motopark raceway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflUrTVr91s

Soundtest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYCEJC1_58

Jaguar S-Type 2.7D V6 -04

Drive it like you stole it !

Last edited by kom4- on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: -86 Sierra "Cosworth" 2.9iS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

:drool that is so stealthy I love it

There was a rat look one on here from Poland a few years ago. He sprayed it matt orange...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 am 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
A MkI THREE DOOR? That's a good start! I used to be an Area Rep for the Ford Sierra Owners Club, and even 8 years ago the Three door was a rare beast! I think too many were "Drifted" to death. TRY and keep this one intact, please? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Won't say rare. In my home town there is 3 3dr iS, and just one 5dr. My brother owns that :lol. Matt green 2.5l V6 .

I try keep this in one peace but can't say sure how many times it will hit rails. Drift/Sprint is my goal with this car. Little hard feelings with this car, i know history from -86 and i'm 5th owner of car. 400 000km in gauge :gheyer

Next summer gearbox will be Getrag 260/?. Cheap as soap but don't know how long that will last in my use. I have bad feelings about that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:42 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Lael. There been some upgrades since last post. Daily car changed from Fiesta to Scorpio and when i did broke Scorpios engine (infact 2 engines) my brother sold me V6 Mondeo. Not so cheap driving anymore with these fuel prices (8.5l per 100km and fuel price in Finland 1.62€ per litre).

Sierra had some rust so decided to repair those and put other type fuel tank and ofc some fuel line upgrades. AAAANNND new gearbox is on good condition. Got adapter plate for Cologne to Getrag. Still missing few holes and motivation to change that freaking Type 9 to Getrag.

Some pictures coz my english is novadays so bad.

Some Duratec-"power" ! 2001 Mondeo 2.5l V6 GHIA. Auto AC, cruise, auto rear mirror. Everything works with electricity. Only missings are leather seats and sunroof

Summer came and so was better tires.

Sierras enginebay, some modifications from last summer

Rust:

There was more and i find everyday some more ! Its fun.. NOT! At work welding and at freetime welding. Fckyeah!

Case for new fuel tank. FIA certificaded and so on.

Some mistakes on measurement. 5cm below bumper. Not so good but now i can get to better angle filling pipe.

Next driving session is 30.8 at race ring. Cosworth RS Club Finland trackday session, with other Fords. "FoMoCo day". I'm full of hope to drive there with this piece of junk. Needs still fuel lines, tank, some electricity work, gearbox and hydralic handbrake. Uhhh. Hope i have enough money for this all.. Spring is good time for some turbos and coilovers :lol:.

And maybe my Scorpio will see road again. So many thoughts for that corpse. Maybe V6, rust, more rust, still more rust and DIY lowering.

-85 Scorpio 2l ohc. When i bought it had 1.6l ohc. Did some upgrades and installed 2l engine block and 1.6l cylinder head with some modifications. Was funny winter toy untill engine blasted. Earlier i broke cylinder head. Nice crack from 2 to 3 piston.

I hope this is todays condition. Have not seen this freaking creature for 2 months. If i do this for road again, i need to search ABS brakes and suspension kits etc Uh. Why i did sell all from this car :(

The last photo is some dreaming for Sierra. Should be lower and with bigger rims. Maybe 8x17, steelies or alloys, Cosworth front grille and bumper.

Post subject: Re: kom4´s Ford Garage. Junkyard Racing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Hmm, I think this topic is interesting for some of you guys? 420 views but just some replys.

Project goes with baby steps. Project-Turtle.

Fuel surge, done. There is only one "little" problem. My adapters for AN-8 fittings are missing. And I have somekind of hurry for this project. 30 days to deadline and still missing some major parts and lots of work.

There are missing filters and transfer fuelbump. So need to go with one fuelpump and 2 filters.

Some painting with brush. Good for me.

Next weeks will be busy.. Very busy. Still missing fuel lines, brake lines, hydraulic handbrake, some rust spots, painting and then its ready to start. Hope so..

I hope you guys are interested in this type of car. I think this is somekind weird on this forum with all Japtoys and ratters. BTW. I have one "rat-project", not car but . Hobbie for kids and weirdos. 8-9years on fields, active and less active.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
I Always follow any Sierra project. It's coming along nicely, although I'm sorry to see the usual rust. It's the usual suspects.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:03 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Hohoo, changes in my "garage". V6 moved for new owner and i bought diesel. -03 2.0tdci Mondeo, more later. Damn that is fast! Now Sierra demands turbo, bigger turbo AND EVEN BIGGER! Let see what is going to happen for that section. :wahhh

Some rust work. Wuhu! I LIKE SO FKING MUCH!

Then new sheet and some welds Still needs do same to other side.

Also done at work stainless steel parts. I hope now stops "jumping" on full throttle

Parents yard looks so depressive....

And then the "family caravan"

Ford Mondeo -03 2.0TDCi GHIA. Same trim like old but there is leather seats, roofwindow and satnav CD player. Will change to Kenwood DSP-hypermegaplayer and better speakers, amp and sub. Let see how far it goes, i know myself and it goes out of control. Like everything what i do with my cars :rofl
I have no idea what to do for that. I think I unplug EGR and get bigger intercooler. Maybe bigger turbo and more remapping. Lowering and tinting windows. It's fun to play with this family car. Young people thinks it's civilian police car, in my town there is 2 STW Mondeos in police use. Don't know how much there is horses, two options. 160hp/380nm or 170hp/430nm. I think that last one, 0-100km/h (0-60mp/h) acceleration around 8.5sec. Original is 12-13sec :gheyer.

Over and out. Now some cold beers and sauna :cheers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:33 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Hmm.. I have done some metal work, again. feck i'm full of that shit.

I was very happy to get my project back on wheels.

But... Liftingjack went throught of sheets and disaster was ready.

Lots of cutting and cigs and there was hole

Also enginebay got some polished stainless steel parts.

I hope this nightmare ends before summer. Maybe i get some BOOST for next summer....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:23 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
i like the white! usually i like stuff dirty and dark, but seeing this has made me reconsider the white for my car, its the sensible option in australia, damn hot sun
but its hard to do with style. p.s. im gonna rip off your bumper stitching idea, looks frankenstein and cool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
I have somekind hate&love for white color. In Finland we have this freaking 4season year. Wet, wet, wet and snow. Finnish winter is long and includes short summer. Need wash everyday if you want keep it nice and clean. But other hand, that is only color for Sierra imo.

Bumper stitching, good if you like, I don't. It's just fast and cheap way to fix some drift accidents :lol:. There is no lots of those kind bumpers so need to some stitching. I thought if I use that bumper for this care forever.. Let see how badly it's in pieces...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:33 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Never go full retard. I went. Mondy left on the road so i decided to change my dailycar. Not bad option.. Jaguar S-Type 2.7Diesel V6. feck I LOVE THAT CAR! Will send some pictures after i wash and wax it. Maybe some lowering and 18¨ wheels coming. Some light tinting and audio upgrades. Must have :lol:.

Sierra haven't got any care for herself, I hope she will not be mad for it. Maybe tomorrow going do rest of weldings. Then it's fuel lines and to mot ! WUHU!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:06 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Finally remember those pictures.

Dirty and so boring Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
HAAAHAA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkHUfs0Bbz8
Few weeks hard working with Sierra and it's alive! Still missing "few" parts for mot.

Went MOT with Jaguar. Not good. Some rust, some loose bearings and bushings. Well.. Need get Sierra back on road and then repair Jaguar. Maybe some lowering ;)

ps. If u want more pics of Sierra/Jaaag or even some militaryshit, follow insta: 0com4.

Post subject: Re: kom4´s Garage. Junkyard Racing. (Jag&Ford)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:09 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Hmm.. Got again Sierra on the road. Good car.. But... Something is missing. How bout guys if u see Sierra in RAT-section?

Post subject: kom4´s Garage Junkyard Racing Jagord
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Nice photos there mate, where the grids mostly made up of ZXRs back then too or was it a bit more varied? Do you have a road bike at the moment? Would be cool to chat all things racing if your ever down the H cafe on bike night.

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 pm