Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:44 am

Post subject: little k11 micra
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle: 95 k11 micra
ahoy all thought illd share whats happening with my little car so far..
going very slow atm since i dont have a licence for another ... 2 months not alot of motivation to put things together and harder to get materials ect
but doing bits and peices, buying stuff thats onsale / comes around at right price's ;)

brought this micra ended up costing me about $1500 with rego for 8 months
clear is mostly faded on the roof/bonnet .. going to respray it.. when i work out what color to go haha
sorry for bad photo old phone did not like the sun haha ... at all

first thing i did.. went looking for a tacho, the Super S ( http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/ ... fdcff5.jpg )
would be awesome to have but their worth $150 - $250 over here haha.. so i ended up buying a $20 cheap tacho from china
need to put a dimmer on the led backlight, its stupid bright >.< ( currently its connected up with a switch so its useable without the light )
in the future might try get the super S cluster, but would have to come up pretty dam cheap :(

while exploring the weird and wacky pages of ebay
also brought a vaccume gauge ( $16 posted ) and volt meter ( $2.50ish posted )
just so i know what the cars doing and a bit of bordem haha might add a cabin temp gauge ( and/or water temp gauge ) next to the volt meter..
out of the way hidden, but still easy to see if needed :)

Volt meter - just used a stanley knife to cut away the foam on the inside, fed a wire through, drilled hole though the mounting bracket and ran the wire thru the pillar

vacuum gauge - used a bit of 2" right angle pipe, cut the hole in the dash and painted black pretty simple not bad for $3

then i brought 2 x 12" rockford fosgate P1 from another forum, $25 each ;)
and then went shopping brought myself a xmas gift during the sales :wahhh
got a kenwood 1000w ( about 800ish RMS ) mono block
4 x 6.5" pioneer mids
and a decent pioneer headunit for around $400, retail was $780 ;)

just want to get mids for the rear, those 6.5's are going in the front door's ( custom door panel because 1 per door doesn't seam right.. 2 should be enough for now )
their not in the car at the moment, pretty much because ive been lazy to get the wood.. will be easier when get licence haha

latest purchase was some genuine Work Nezart's ;) 16x8 with +35
need to replace the tires thanks to camber wear ect haha
but going to run 205x45 tires, maybe 215.. got to save up for tires :) stockies still have a heap of tread left on them to so no rush
and yes needs to be lowered... haha saving for that to! :D

:fawkyeah dat poke ;)
front is about 15mm from guard to rim
rear is about 5mm

Post subject: Re: little k11 micra
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle: Vauxhall Agila Design 1.2.
I like the K11. Ohm has/had one stripped and lightened (look for the Micra lite thread). As it's red you could just leave it to fade naturally and it'd look pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:23 pm 
Rat-Look.com Admin
Rat-Look.com Admin

Vehicle: VW Lupo Sport
This should be a cool thread looking forward to seeing what your doing as I'm tempted to get a k11 for getting to work :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:10 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

KlingKlangMan wrote:
I like the K11. Ohm has/had one stripped and lightened (look for the Micra lite thread). As it's red you could just leave it to fade naturally and it'd look pretty cool.

yeah read his build log a bit back, awesome ride
paints not to high on the list todo :P

RATR wrote:
This should be a cool thread looking forward to seeing what your doing as I'm tempted to get a k11 for getting to work :)

cheers :) yeah lots todo, will be quite slow for another 2 months then should speed up a bit ;)
honestly i havnt driven the micra much, just around a parking lot a few times :smash but awsome little car
surprising how big if feels inside thanks to the big windows haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle: '93 Roadmaster, '88 b2200
I'm glad you had a picture of the steering wheel which said "Nissan." We don't have Micra's in the States, so I had no idea what it was. I wish we did though, looks likw a cool little car. I love the new wheels man, looks great!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

ratmonster wrote:
I'm glad you had a picture of the steering wheel which said "Nissan." We don't have Micra's in the States, so I had no idea what it was. I wish we did though, looks likw a cool little car. I love the new wheels man, looks great!

cheers :D
yeah their quite nice little car,
and thanks on the wheels not sure if i could go 215/45 maybe 225/45 or stay with the 205/45
would push it out more beef to the little guy,

which will be the difference between flares and just rolling the guard :huh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle: 2007 Corolla
flares.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

:D getting martiz suspension setup
was going to get coilovers $1400...
then bit much so priced 30mm lowering springs and shocks,, worked out around $800ish... stil ehh

arfter a bit of research and looking around found out that you can Frankenstein this shit haha
well its bolt in ( execpt rear shock bushes have to cut them a bit thinner, just the rubber bush though :) )

and guy on fb page for micras is selling his setup ( brought second hand coilovers ... i missed them by 15min lol :( )
but his goin for roadworthy soon then drop them around, only going to cost me $100 :D
stiffer and 50mm drop! so should be about 15mm of wheel gap haha... so have to fix that ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:12 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

alright so been a little while but parts slowly coming together and 25ish days till i can drive again ( road trip inc i think )

got a full 2" exhaust with 4" cannon ;) waiting to get some flanges so i can install it

got quite a few bits for suspension haha
going to use martiz front struts / springs with suzuki alto rear springs and barina rear shocks ( Corsa rear shocks for most people on here :P )
top micra stock strut... bottom martiz shock/spring waiting to go on
top is micra stock rear spring bottom 2 are alto springs test fitted the rear's today ;)
before ( with 16's )
Arfter ( with 16's ;) )

with 16x8 +35 with 205/45 rubber :D rubs when i sit in the boot, but going to roll the guards when i get new rubber for these rims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:12 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle: '93 Roadmaster, '88 b2200
Looking great so far!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:38 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle: Golf TD Wagon
I love K11s XD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:05 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

SaTaN_eAt_ChEeSe wrote:
I love K11s XD

Odd: I've just acquired a 2001 K11 5 door for £150 with MOT & Tax. They're a LOT of fun! This guy seems to think so, too :D http://www.ebbt.no/ebb-s-micra-micra-prosjekt/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:02 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

cheers :)
yeah ive read his blogs though a few times haha :D
his also done a 1.3l http://www.ebbt.no/ebbs-maxi-micra-project/

20 days till licence.. and can start putting things together so much todo..
mostly need little bits and pieces :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 am 
RL Member
RL Member

I read the 1.3 tune up thread. I thought "Hmm... 100BHP in a Micra: Sounds like FUN!!" :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:53 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

KlingKlangMan wrote:
I read the 1.3 tune up thread. I thought "Hmm... 100BHP in a Micra: Sounds like FUN!!" :D

oh yes it does!
hoping to get a bit more power out of little car ;) exhaust is first part, intake when i can get to hardware store then bits and pieces
hopfully i can come close to 100 BHP ;) one way to find out! just waiting on $$ so i can do it kinder safely :smash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:28 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

was having a look at 205/45 r16 tyres, was going to be $600 - $700 for average quality tyres,
and then these BBS meshies reps came up, i was trying to buy them off the guy before i got those 16x8's haha but he was going to sell them with his civic. but that fell through
so $900 later implus buy mostly but better size good tyres and still look awsome i got 4 15x7 bbs reps haha
just did a quick test fit on the rear with 50mm drop, still need to get 2 bolts and a wheel aligment before i can drop it 50mm all round and leave it their haha

this is his civic he done a bit more to it before he sold it but good pic of the wheels haha
http://i.imgur.com/p44boZ1.jpg

but yeah at this point ill proably be selling the 16x8's to find more powa! haha
the 15's wont have as much poke as the 16's but still guards will need a bit of rolling, i have 2 x 8mm spaces i might put on the rears though it is just on the inside of the guards atm
time will tell on that one i guess... ill keep you guys updated things should go quicker... alot quicker in 11 days when i can drive haha

also brought a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and exhaust flanges so their on their way :)
and might move the 2 x 12's into the boot, but still a bit undecided on that was thinking on either side of the boot
but the left box would be slightly smaller then the right? not sure if itll have much effect on the sound ect
would fiberglass the back half and plastic part that holds the rear shelf on would be apart of the box removeable of course just hold the front in the a couple of brackets so can get to the lights when they go pop.. would be a bit bigger box then in the other place but looose 1/4 the boot space lol

thoughts on all of the above and more welcome haha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:30 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

got licence back Thursday afternoon! :D now Saturday.. and ive done 270ish km o.O

suprised how zippy the micra is haha :D with the stock wheels, with the 15s its still pretty quick but :rolleyes touch slower to 100,
huge difference between the 13's and 15's, no power steering so quite a bit heavier now but feels so much more planted to the road :)
:hmm not sure which to choose... if sold them money would go back into the car anyway haha but will see

still at stock height for now, just picked up the bolts for rear shocks so just have to find the time to put it all in now
already scrubs a bit with the 15's pretty sure its the rear mudflaps on the rear, front has been pretty good for now haha
going to lower it either way :crazi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:02 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Nice one. Micras ARE a lot of fun. I seriously think the K11 was the TRUE successor to the original Mini. I have a couple bits to do to mine before I can start tweaking it, But it will be done!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

KlingKlangMan wrote:
Nice one. Micras ARE a lot of fun. I seriously think the K11 was the TRUE successor to the original Mini. I have a couple bits to do to mine before I can start tweaking it, But it will be done!!!

yeah i agree cheap pretty quick ect
put stock alloys back on for now, save getting defected untill lowered and get some flares :smash
front was about 30mm sticking out from the guard ( 20mm if camber was straight dam stock struts had a few degrees ) and rear was 10 - 15 ( more room in the rear but still pokie )

rather runs stock alloys then $300+ fine pretty sure it is :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:33 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

trying to work out how to fit the exhaust haha, looks like half the front of the car has to come off
and need to modifiy one of the header pipes so it fits in with the aircon ect ... warm up the welder again i guess

then when i get it all in weld some flanges onto it.. when i can get the time to pull it apart :(

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:53 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

micra sitting 50mm lower! :D handles a heap better no more granny rock crawling spec
running stock 13's still.. need to roll the guards and panhard rod on order :)
then can keep the meshies on their :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:57 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

a new set for the micra the meshies throw out the ratios to much makes it drive like a slug >.< 55kw doesnt like 15's
done the door cars but pulled them apart again installing electric window's then going to wrap them if i can pick a colour ...>.<
everythings pretty much been on hold though been working flat out haha :(

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:44 am