[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - Black Betty - 1242 8v. Changes Ahead!
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 am

Post subject: Re: Black Betty - 1242 8v
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

lol i took it to chris's house at about 12 and didnt get home until about half 4. Had to go to the scrappy which is about 20 mins each way at least but found out there was too much gearbox oil in there which was why it was hard to change gear sometime but thats sorted too now! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:49 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
hha cool man lookin good

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Cheers man

Keep an eye out in the next few weeks, massive bodywork changes coming up soon ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
delock it and dehandle it..... ........then help/show/assist/do mine lol, serious what you got planned?? shes a beauty as she is...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Up close theres car park dinks everywhere, bits of rust, screws in the roof! and a massive key mark all the way around which im not happy about. But lets just say ive made a deal with a local bodyshop ;)
If i could afford poppers I would de lock and de handle but i cant :(

Post subject: Re: Black Betty - 1242 8v. Changes Ahead!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:43 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
oooooo wanna see it when done dude can imagine it will look awesome :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:50 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Well its gotta be done before the Yorkshire modified show so you will see it then, if you're still coming?
Need to decide what to do with wheels though now. Im getting the bodywork 100% but then i feel like the wheels are letting it down big style. Not sure if i should put the abarth alloys on or not. That would mean refurbing them and buying tyres which is eating away from my banded steel fund :sadness but if i dont then i will probably be stuck with the tsw ones which ire badly curbed and i dont really like them lol

Got another big decision to make as well but im not telling you what that one is :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:56 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
haha sounds like a big decision dude :P and ye im still up for the York Mods :) hope to have done alot to my car by then :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

lol yeah its either gonna make or break the car (not literally :P)
Ah sweet dude. You gonna be slammed by then hopefully :tu
What do you think i should do about wheels?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
ye mate by then slammed on the floor stickerbomb sidewing roof rack and some other extras ;) and i still think bandeds will look good on yours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 am 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

lol sounds good! Im trying to sell some stuff so I can put it towards my plans because I need a fair bit of cash and fast! lol
If i cant get banded steels by then I will do a quick refurb on the sei alloys (if i havent sold them) and just stick them on it for now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
u gonna be spraying them black the alloys or leaving them silver? and what size bandeds u getting on yours cause i aint to sure on mine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:39 am 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Yeah probably satin black, already got the primer and some spray to start on them

Think im gonna go for 6J on the front and 7 possibly 7.5J on the back. Depends how brave I am lol and how much arch rolling/pulling will need to be done but I have a bit of time to think about that yet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Right, I have possibly made that big decision now. But still not sure yet. Got a few weeks until it needs to be made so plenty of time to think.
Trying to get hold of some punto mk2 steels to get banded too but then the only problem is, i hope im low enough to pull them off! If not ill have to spend another £120 to get low enough lol which i dont have!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
aw man hope its gets sorted for u dude if i find and 14 steelies will let ya know :P cause im thinkin about them now for mine in Matt black

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

lol yeah I just need to sell a lot of stuff first. Im gonna go to the scrappy one day and get a set of punto steels and then need to save £250 for banding and then more for tyres :( Maybe the magical money fairy will come visit me and give me lots of cash haha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
aw dude i wish i had that aswell :/ shouldnt cost u much for the steelies should it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:49 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Nah, going by the scrappy prices its £2 each for a bare steel wheel lol so thats £8 for the steels then £250 for banding then scrappy part worn tyres are £6 a pop so thats another £24 then its just fitting and balancing then. Also need to spray them so probably just over £300 for a full set painted and with tyres. But if im gonna pull them off I need the 70/50 kit so thats another £130 ish including delivery so probably about £450 for an EPIC car :P
Then bodywork is free! :D happy days!
Shame I dont have £450 :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
haha i getting the same lowering kit as me then :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm 
Rat-Look Moderator
Rat-Look Moderator

Right, I wasnt going to reveal this until it was actually done but basically im getting a full respray done very soon but I cant decide how I want it painted so I need your help!
My first thought was a really nice dark blue like this one
But when telling the sprayer thats what i wanted i found out its a pearl colour which means VERY expensive to spray and maintain as you can only use 1 type of wax on pearl and its about £100 for a tiny tin so thats a no go.
The guys at the shop want to do it 2 tone which im not sure about. Went over many colours but i still dont really like 2 tone cars.
So now, ive been looking and I think ive chosen what I want. I want this as my main body colour
Then Im wanting to have red wing mirrors, red chequered roof, red stripe down the side of the car, following the natural shape then POSSIBLY red wheels.
The red that I would use would be this one Maybe keep them silver or black. The wheels will be Seicento abarth alloys until i have enough cash for banded steels
Now if someone wants to photoshop that onto a cinq, id be very happy! but no worries if not :insanity
Now, whats peoples opinions? I want a unique colour thats never been done on this car, will stand out but so I can live with it daily.
Andd breathe... :roflwtf

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 am