[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - Wez's polo 6n (polly polo)
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:23 am

Post subject: Wez's polo 6n (polly polo)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
This is my progress thread on my VW Polo 6n

When I bought the car, totally standard apart from the swanky wheel trims haha

I was thinking of upgrading the wheels, but maybe Mini Cooper S wheels are a bit big :\

Then removal of the wheel trims and a new exhaust....

I then decided to laminex the headlights, and get to work grinding the bonnet

Terrible photo here, but it is now lowered on a set of 15" Vauxhall steelies, with a single wiper conversion

And then I got these For nothing so thought why not, 15" clip wheels

I thought it best to do away with the exhaust at risk of a tug by police etc. I had some black netting lying around so wrapped it round the boot. Also I have put a fog light under the bumper.

Rear quarter panel covered in hazard tape, quite effective

My mrs is quite the artist so drew flames on the bonnet for me to grind to, looks very effective IMO...

I drove the car into a wall (which is quite difficult to do on purpose) to give an authentic dent :)

I put chicken wire over one of the headlights !

Also hazard tape on rear door moulding

And on the passenger wing mirror

Post subject: Re: Wez's polo 6n (polly polo)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Ok so today, couple of updates -
I covered the glovebox in hazard tape (using a lot of this stuff now haha), the vent surrounds are now red,

I have removed the grab handles and replaced them with a bit of chain, also note the fire extinguisher.

Another fire extinguisher....

I have fitted a tape cassette to the tow eye

And finally my badge is bent xD

I'm absolutely living doing this, I can't wait to get something a bit not extreme done.
That's it for now :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
haha love it.
the flames look gooood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
I like it, especially with the net just around the tag.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Couple of small updates...
As you can see here, I have the new Audi Polo....

Also I found this mechanics 12v hand lamp, not original I know but progress is progress :)

However this is a little bit more original..... I let my missus loose with some paint......

And did my vw badge on the wheel :) and for now, that's all folks :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
Love it :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! This mate is truly awesome, as I came into college today i saw it and so much as happened to it in the last week. So well done dude keep it up.

From Ryan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
The Dash is very Jackson Pollock :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:09 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Oh and 1 more small thing, I forgot to put this up :)

( my mrs again )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:09 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Just put this little fella on :) haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:37 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

The dash paint looks sweet! That's the coolest rusted hood, I love what you've done with this

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
Very nice XD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
haha that crazy ... little annoying frog thing is epic!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:41 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Ok couple updates :)
And I haven't paid for a single one of them :D I love ratting xD

Firstly, I have acquired a set of roof racks and relocated my number plate -

I found a VW centre cap and naturally had to fit it :)

And not sure if you can tell the difference here but I have fitted tail lights off of a 6n 1.4 16v (6n gti I think?) which are a little bit darker.

Oh and the boot spoiler off it....

Oh and I am fitting side markers front and back which will be wired up to the side lights :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:46 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
The rear foggy on the roof rack is now wired up to the brake lights, and also - I have no pics of it yet, but I shall put some up later - I have got the full interior out of the 6n gti which are 10 times better than standard, quite buckety ish sort of a bit haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Rear side markers in and working :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
love the rear markers get em up front aswell run em off side lights very us spec :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

Vehicle:
Yeah I've got them ready to go in on the front, it's just finding time, and they are wired to the side lights :)

It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:23 am