[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - Cutting springs, can I get away with it?
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 am

Post subject: Re: Cutting springs, can I get away with it?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

What ever you do with MK2 F's the ride is shite, cut away man!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:59 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
i'm fairly sure the ride in any vw is shite :p paha

+1 post ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

^ :lol love that last comment

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

lad i know,
bought himself a sweet retro style ride, couldnt wait to save for the lowering kit, cut the springs and slammed it to the floor,
first day out and smashed the sump to feck,

i like the guy and feel genuinely bad for him,

but to do this to a perfectly good car is a fools errand.

tbh, its a bodgers half-arsed way around a completely OVER copied idea,

lower a car too much and its ruins the handling of the car, this is simple logic,
so you've modified it to make it worse,

this is called "fecking something up"

now, esp on a RAT car this defeats the ENTIRE object of of a RAT car imo, it should work BETTER than a stock car but LOOK worn/worse,

otherwise its just a shit, fucked old car that smashes its engine into the floor when you drive it,

and despite trying to look original and cool,

you end up on the back of an AA wagon heading for the scrap yard, both FEELING and LOOKING a complete vagina.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:45 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

ps,

if you end up in casuality with a piece of spring steel in your eye,

i'll laugh at you and take the piss goodstyle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:39 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
oh nice ^
i think we should make a sticky for this although its frowned upon it okay if you dont go ott with the chop take it slow with the cutting and do it to decent ones and weld them to the cups you should be fine and remember low cars are cool FACT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
thanx nitromors :gheyer ,

@miniman, yep low cars are deffinately cool, i managed to do it , i cut the springs while they were on the car lol. bit dodgy i know lol , but everyone tells me they done it and its ok, it went really good , didnt lower it to much as wouldnt have been able to locate the springs when i let it off the jack ,i just wanted to get rid of that stupid arch gap . also milton keynes is home of speedbumps ect , and its hard enough getting round now lol. allthough i want to go lower :bow , im thinking of taking them out properly and welding them in , but i might just get some 60 mil springs and hope its low enough . i looked at coileys for it , but there like 495 :mad . i ah one bad thing with cutting the springs , the first time i let it off the jack , i drove it and heard a bang, the rear ns spring had not seated properly and jumped. was sitting fookin low , looked awesome , but i had to seat it properly, think my osf top mount is going tho , as it squeeks over bumps lol. but still a work in progress :D , i think next is to satin black the whole car and maybe do orange stars on the roof :tu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am 
RL Regular
RL Regular

Vehicle:
and i have seen a sticker for chpooed springs lol :) its got a pic of a spring , +grinder = thumbs up lol , was gonna get one , but i dont want to advertise the fact lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 am 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
pics then :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:04 am 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

http://youtu.be/RLQyGdTHUB8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:42 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:49 pm 
RL Newbie
RL Newbie

I fitted an 80mm lowering kit front and rear on my mk2 saloon but was never happy as it still looked normal height. Now you can see it's quite low. that was 3 coils from the front and 2 from rear chopped out.

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 am